Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Cinelli Project

Here is my mid 1970' Cinelli Speciale Corsa frameset:


















I purchased this mid 1970's frameset from a friend in Belgium.  It looked to be in very good condition from the pictures, with original paint and decals. When the frameset arrived, I carefully cleaned and polished it.  Imagine my surprise when I realized that the frame had never been built up!  There were no marks in the drops from a wheel having ever been clamped.  There was still paint in the derailleur hanger bolt hole, and no marks from brake cable clamps!   It shows some shop wear, but what do you expect for something that has been bouncing around a bike store attic for 35 years!  The paint is a classic Cinelli rose/copper color. 

Coming soon will be pics of the bike after being built up.

No comments:

Post a Comment