Thursday, February 24, 2011

Cinelli Leggerissimo Project

Just got my Brugelmann Cinelli Leggerissimo frame from Poland.  I saw this frame on E-bay and noticed the drilled bottom bracket, and yellow and red paint under the blue/silver re-spray, and knew it was a rare Leggerissimo model from the 1970's. I thought I might be able to snag it "under the radar".  Strangely, there was another Leggerissimo Cinelli on E-bay at the exact same time.  It was a complete bike on offer from a well-known European collector.  The Polish seller quickly realized what he had.  Once his description was enhanced, more knowledgeable buyers became aware of the frame, and interested.  At the end of the auction, the bids started flying.  I have a complete Nuovo Record group to complete the bike, including some "lightened" items of the period.  I will be documenting the restoration and the build, as time permits.  Here are the photos as the frame looked on the E-bay auction:



















No comments:

Post a Comment