Saturday, March 23, 2013

Pair O' Mounts - Two 1972 Schwinn Paramounts

Two 1972 Schwinn Paramounts.  In the 1960's and '70's, every kid knew what the top of the line was when it came to Schwinn bicycles - the Paramount.  Full Campagnolo Nuovo Record components, Brooks Professional saddle, Cinelli Milano 1A stem, and Giro d' Italia handlebars.  The P-13 was designated "The Professional Road Racing Paramount" and is distinguishable from the P-15 touring version by lack of top tube braze-ons for the rear brake cable. The P-13 could be ordered with Campagnolo brakes, rather than Weinmann center pulls, for an additional $50! Frames were constructed of  Reynolds 531 guaranteed double-butted tubing, which became the standard for high-end bikes during this period.  These examples are      finished in Opaque Blue and Kool Lemon.


















2 comments:

  1. Okay, seriously, where did you find these beauties? Did you inherit a bicycle museum? Were you a former professional cyclist? You seem to have all the bikes I could only dream of ever finding. Every time I look at your blog I get sweaty palms just looking at all your wonderful bikes. I collect and sell bikes too. I also have a very legit bicycle restoration blog, A Bicyle's Point of View. My contact info is under my "Transform Your Bicycle" tab if you would like to PM me with any leads.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice Sir. You have a wonderful collection and your work is excellent. I am viewing your bikes for the correct way all your bikes are and using them as a reference.

    I do have one question on the seat binder bolt, what one or which one is the correct bolt for the Paramount P13 as shown?

    Regards,
    Bruce Manchan

    ReplyDelete